All rights are to the characters' owners. No harm intended.
I have an updated version of this if you'd like to see it, I can post it.
Carlisle and I were doing what my body was built for. We were running; fast, hard, it was exhilerating. I always feel so vivid and instinctual while I bear down and move across the earth and trees. The branches often attempt to slash at me, but my body of stone is unpenetrable to them. We had accomplished our evasion tactic toward The Volturri and sent the scouts back to Italy. They seemed disappointed in the fact that our large coven had seperated. Our family of many talents was so appealing to Aro, the head of The Volturri. Alice has been watching him for decades in order to warn us of his attempts of our conquest. With that obstacle out of our path, it is time to relocate to a lazy little town in Washington, Forks.
Small towns allow us to blend in. Here in Forks, we can seem more like the everyday person. It is the dreariest, rainiest part of the country. The ommitance of sunlight allows us to blend in and be out and about all hours of the day, with the exception of only a handful of days per year when the sun does makes an appearance. These communities usually accept all new commers with open arms. With Carlisle, being an expert physician and surgeon, the towns that we move to never ask many questions. They're just happy to have a doctor of his stature associated with them.
Once our home, sixty some years ago, now a place for us to start over again. Ah, again. This gets so monotonous. Moving every five or six years. Starting over in High School so we can stay longer. Listening to the human thought processes that doesn't change. It is all the same, anywhere we go. I swear I've lived this life too many times to count. The adolescent minds are even more predictable and droll. The only reason I pay attention at all is to thwart any suspicions of our differences, so we may break away clean and start over again. I used to anticipate a new town might mean something interesting and intriguing. I haven't been surprised in decades. Over a ninety years of this facade; and on to the next.
Edward, let us hunt before we get too close to the family. Just to quash any thirst that may be triggered by their roommate, Bella. Carlisle thought to me. I went a long with the hunt, it was a good precaution. Humans haven't tempted me much in the last fifty years. I'm not sure how this human girl could be any different. I'd be surprised if she stays long in a house full of vampires.
We weren't far from a national Park Reserve, and I could smell the spicy scent of a male mountain lion not too far off. The chase was exhilarating, but my speed never allows any prey to escape me. Any sign of thirst had evaded me after the warm wet blood filled my body. Carlisle found a large ten point buck that seemed to satisfy and then we were back on our way.
"Do you think that the human will stay with us all there?" Carlisle slowed down a bit and looked my way. I slowed my pace as well. Alice sees it no other way. It's been her home for almost two years. I know that Alice and Jasper are like family to her and they help her run her business. So we will accommodate and make her feel at home. Her name is Isabella Swan, but Alice says she likes to be called Bella. Alice adores Bella, she would be devastated if she were to lose her friend because we had come back. I nodded my head in understanding.
"I will try not to intimidate her, even though it is my nature." I smirked at Carlisle. " Of us all, Jasper has had the most difficult time with our lifestyle. If he is at comfort around her, I'm positive that no one else should have problems desensitising. Once I can get a look into her perceptions and thoughts I'll be more at ease. I'm sure she's nothing special or unique. I mean humans are boring and predictable."
I know that Alice had left because of her premonitions. I had seen a few inquisitive sights before she and Jasper left for Forks. A dark haired girl with little description to her face. She was usually embracing Alice and laughing a sweet song of a laugh. We planned on being there a few years back. Alice pleaded that we wait. She had been planning on finding this person for years and now she was a sight into fruition. Some how, Bella was meant to befriend her and accept what we are. I can't imagine how any human could know what monsters we were and feel any comfort in that circumstance. What could one little girl add to our world, really?
I am longing to see my Sister. I'm never the same without her. Our talents accompany each other making every day and night easier to get through. She was a counterpart of mine. I am able to see her visions as well as hold silent conversations with her. We somehow have a connection that I have never had with any other. Jasper is a relief too. I haven't had a great challenge at chess in a long time. He has a way of blocking his mind that makes me laugh. He always recites Civil War droll to keep me from his strategy for his next move. The last few years have been challenging without them around. I'm eager to not feel so alone as I have felt as of late.
We had just crossed the 101 that leads us to Forks. To our new beginning. I can smell the ancient cedars that line the forest of our property, the river, the saw dust from the nearby mill. I also smell something new. Freesia and berries?
Edward, where are you....Edward! Edward! "Edward, stop!" My legs were moving on their own volition. My sense of smell, in control.
I heard no more in my head, just hollowness. My senses were sailing me towards this arousing scent. I was magnitised. I needed to devour whatever it was. I noticed that my surroundings were tainted in a red haze which was driving my instincts to find my prey. I found it! Grabbed it and pinned it to an old Sycamore tree. I could hear the rapid beating of it's vibrant heart. The warmth under my gripping fingers was inticing. I heard two pops and fizz. I felt bones snap under my tight grip as electricity ran through my body. I had never felt such a surge of pure energy rock me to my core. I was fighting myself to realize what mouthwatering creature I had in my grasps was. There was little movement from this creature. It was too easy to trap, no fight at all. I began to hear screams and pleas from my family nearby. I finally concentrated on what was before me. A human. Fuck a whore! Stop!
I was fighting the animalistic tendency to crush and devour. This sweet human was about to end my eighty years of determination to stay on the path of right. My mouth was open and drowning in venom, just pleading with me to taste this temptress. How easy it would be to tear into that soft luminous flesh pulsing before me. To quench this unbearable thirst that is burning my entire carcass would be like Heaven. The venom was dripping from my mouth like I was a rabbid animal, which I am.
I met her eyes and saw such terror. Those chocolate pools were so large and deep, I could swim in them. I saw the reflection of my own torment in them. I felt this inexplicable pull that wouldn't allow me break my grip on her. This buzz of euphoria engrossed my entire body. My mind was trying to gain control of the beast inside, but failing as every nanosecond lapsed against it. I did loosen my grip as the concept of the breakable human finally invaded my thoughts.
Suddenly, I was flying. Through the air, across the forest, and into the river. I quickly repositioned myself to pounce back, but something was on top of me in that instant. I watched as Jasper ran to her and held her close to him. A glare from him peered right to me. I heard him emmitt the calmness to her to stop her desperate screams and tears. I saw Carlisle follow them into the house.
What in th fuck came over you, Edward! Stay back! Run away! Get control over yourself. Jasper's voice was in my head, pleading with me.
The pleas and screams in my head began to register. My family. They were trying to set me into reality away from the beast that lives in my dead body.
Her blood called to me. The sweetness was intoxicating. I had never felt such strength to my bloodlust. The pull to her delicious body was stronger than my will. My body wanted to stalk her and drain her body dry. I would love to bathe in it and feel its warmth across my cold dead skin, trickling down my chin. She was gone. Her succulent scent so sweet to my tongue, still lingured in the air driving my senses mad.
Emmett was there to help me stay away. He must've been what takled me. My body was flailing and trying to break free so I could conquer that life that was taunting me. Emmet's bear hug was all that kept me bound. My body and mind began to sob. If I had tears, there would be a puddle beneath me. I could hear my family...
It's okay son. We all slip. But you fought your instincts well. She will heal...
...never expected it from Edward he has been an icon of control ....
...I remember that time in the country near the orchard. I have never fogiven myself...
...you won't be in agony long, Edward. She is with Jasper. She will be fine. I know it seems futile to resist. I've never seen a clearer future with her in it. Your will is your strength, remember that.
"Alice," I hissed, nearly defeated,"why couldn't I hear her scream?"
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm just putting my creativity and dirty mind to work. Please be kind and constructive. I will learn from what others have to say.