All characters and story lines belong to their respected owners. There is no intent of gain from my frolicking.
My Love's bags were packed in the car and she was giving me the final list of things that she would do if she were staying home. She is tricky, that Pixie. I just smile and let her cuteness stay in my presence for just a little bit longer.
"Jazzy, please take good care of Bella. I know that these next few days are going to be difficult for her. She's really missing her parents and I think she's still reeling from having to give up her own place. The salon is making its way back, but her sacrifices are plaguing her right now. Keep her busy and happy. She is our roommate, after all." Alice puffed out her bottom lip and fluttered her eyelashes at me.
"Mmmhmmm, don't forget to feed her and take her out for a walk, got it." I said smiling from ear to ear.
"Anything else, darlin" I added when she began to give me that death glare. I could tell she really didn't want to leave us and deal with family matters. But Alice's insight was needed to work on solutions for a growing concern of ours.
"It will do me no good to go if you both fall apart before I leave the state." Her tiny index finger was poking me diligently in the chest.
"Aww, just run along darlin" I said in my best southern drawl. "Your presence is needed with the family. They miss you, too. You're wanted here, more than you know right now. But you better scoot." I gave her my sexiest look from under my lashes and I saw her shiver.
Suddenly she jumped in my arms, wrapping her slender legs around my waist. Plunging a most spectacular kiss onto my lips. I parted my lips and licked at her bottom lip as she allowed me to taste her. I squeezed her closer to deepen the kiss more. That little woman stopped kissing me, making it feel like she was taking part of my existance away. I groaned my disappointment to her.
"Before we get too tangled up here, I really must go." She was already running behind schedule, the one that she wrote. "Tell Bella I said goodbye. And Jazz? Please don't devour the human?" Alice slapped me on the chest and lept out of my hands. Smiling as she walked towards her car.
************
I was in the library reading a captivating journal from the Civil War when Bella made her way home. Alice had only been gone two days, but Bella was giving off some heart wrenching emotions. I suddenly felt like I was going to crumble into pea gravel if someone didn't attempt to hold me together. I placed the journal down on the desk and followed her to the kitchen. She was taking something out of a bag and I couldn't get over the awful smell. "Hi Angel." I said ever so sweetly to her. She looked at me with her deep brown eyes and gave the stool next to her a pat. I obliged her and sat while she opened up her container of food. "What in the world is that?"
" My dinner. Obviously." She rolled her eyes after pulling the white container closer to her.
"Don't worry about me, Bella. I definitely wouldn't want to deprive you of that, that sustenance?" I waved my hand at the offensive food blowing the smell her way.
She leaned over the container, took a long draw of the scent and smiled at me. "MMMmmmmmm," she groaned seductively, "Almond Chicken, my heavenly comfort food." With that clarification made, she took a mouthful and made all kinds of noises while she ate.
"Wow, I've never heard those sounds being made while eating. Kind of euphoric for you, huh?:
She threw something at me. An eggroll? "Seriously, I'd never throw my food at you." Bella looked at me, giggled and apologized.
"I know you're having a hard time, Bella. You can talk to me. I can feel how much you're trying to keep it together. I think that I need a hug after all you're giving out." I was sincere.
Usually Alice did the comfort thing with Bella. But I'm here. I cannot stand this amount of depression coming from someone that I deeply care about. Whoa, I really care about Bella.
I waited for her to finish playing with her food. She really didn't eat much, just swirled it around in the container and then tossed it away with a depleted sigh. I grabbed her hand and walked her to the sitting room. We plopped down on the couch, never letting go of our grasp on each other, and she gave me the sweetest smile. I returned it and pulled her into a snugly embrace with her back to my chest. Bella sighed and relax into my arms. I ran my long fingers through her soft curls and took in the sweet citrus scent that drove my senses to overload. The tingling venom gushed into my mouth and I quicky let it sear down my throat. I stopped breathing for a few minutes as Bella swirled her thumb softly in tiny circuits on my thigh. Her warmth made me wish I could be human again. I'm always surprised when she doesn't begin to shiver when we're close like this. I've never known any human to simply not react to the frigid depths of my skin. The only emotions I'm getting from her now is content, a feeling of home. I smiled as I took in another breath and decided that the scent from Bella wasn't going to end her. But it may be the end of me.
I could sit like this forever. It may have been minutes or hours. I felt movement. I looked down at her, still in my arms, but she was now facing me. "Jasper," she whispered. "Thank you," she leaned in and gave me the sweetest most chaste kiss that I have ever had. I never wanted the sweetness of Bella to end. It's rare to find such loyalty and trust in any creature. I would defend her life with my entire being.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm just putting my creativity and dirty mind to work. Please be kind and constructive. I will learn from what others have to say.